Self-testing (COVID-19) Information
Self-testing is a requirement for students and faculty/staff members in order to enter the school premises as of Monday, May 10th. The self-testing must be done once a week on Sunday evening or Monday morning at home. All students and faculty/ staff members will be provided with one free self-test a week from the pharmacy by providing their Greek Social Security Number (AMKA) or temporary AMKA (PAMKA). For underage students, the parents/guardians will receive the free self-test with the students’ Greek Social Security Number (AMKA - PAMKA).
Self-testing is a simple and quick procedure that is also used in other countries in order for schools to operate normally. The self-test is nasal and not nasopharyngeal or oral pharyngeal, the soft end of the swab must be inserted into the nostrils and rotated gently rubbing it along the insides of your nasal passage several times. More information on how to do the test is included in the self-test kits. Please read the instructions in your kit carefully before you take the test as they may vary slightly depending on the model.
Steps to follow:
- Parents, guardians, students and educators will receive the free self-test along with information material from the pharmacy, using their Greek Social Security Number (AMKA - PAMKA).
- Students / teachers will do self-tests at home. It is recommended that the test is done the same morning or the night before. Therefore the first test can be done on Sunday night or Monday morning.
- Parents, adult students and teachers will submit their results of the self-test through the platform (information ONLY in Greek), in which they will enter with the taxisnet codes, entering specific data, such as father’s name, mother’s name, Greek Social Security Number (AMKA - PAMKA) and the result of the self-test.
In case the self-test is NEGATIVE:
- For students, a school card (document) will be issued through the platform. Students will carry the school card (document) with them at ALL times. All students must bring it to school on a daily basis. If students ride the bus to come to school, they MUST show their card (document) to the bus monitor (if they do not, they will NOT be allowed to get on the bus). If the student does not use the school bus transportation, they MUST show their card (document) when they enter the school gate (“check in desks” will be set up by grade) every morning.
For faculty/staff members, the statement of a negative result will be issued through the platform.
If students / faculty/ staff members have no access to a printer, parents-guardians must fill out the online form.
In case the self-test is POSITIVE:
1. For students, the positive result will be submitted on the school card through the platform , with which they will be able to go to a public health care facility for a free repeat rapid test. The list of public health facilities is included in the platform and can be found here for Sunday visits and here for Monday through Friday visits.
2. For faculty/staff members, the statement of the positive result will be issued through the platform. Then faculty/staff members will be able to go to a public health facility for a free repeat rapid test. The list of public health facilities can be found here for Sunday visits and here for Monday through Friday visits.
3. If the repeat test is positive, the EODY protocol will be followed. If the retest is negative, students / faculty/staff members will receive a certificate from the test site and return to school.
4. In case of a positive self-test result on a student/faculty/staff member, the rest of the family members need to stay at home and isolate until the repeated test result comes out.
- Vaccinated students/faculty/staff members need to do the self-test twice per week.
- Students who tested positive can attend online classes without attendance being mandatory.
Guidelines on how to do the self-test can be found here (in Greek) or here (in English). Please read the instructions in your kit carefully before you take the test as they may vary slightly depending on the model.