The Curriculum consists of eight subject groups offered throughout the three years of the Middle School. They are:
1. Language A - at ACS Athens the school’s language of instruction is English.
2. Language B – a modern foreign language learned at school.
3. Social Studies – history and geography
4. Sciences – general science, earth science, biology, chemistry and physics
5. Mathematics – core course including topics in arithmetic, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, probability & statistics
6. Arts – art/design, music, and drama
7. Physical Education – health and hygiene, individual and team sports, fitness
8. Foundations of Technology, Research, Health and Guidance – the nature, processes and impact of technology as a research tool. Health and wellness topics are an integral part of the curriculum
As stated previously, the Middle School uses letter grades: A, B, C, D and F. Teachers may give a plus or minus with the letter grade (except in the case of a U). The or – will appear on the permanent record.Modification for ESL/OM students may apply on an individual basis and will be so indicated. Letter grades are awarded on the basis of the following averages: