The Health Center at ACS Athens consists of two Registered Nurses. These two health care providers are dedicated to the well being of our students.
Having a School Health Office gives the parents peace of mind knowing that if a medical situation should arise, the students will be seen promptly and the appropriate action taken. The knowledge that caring health providers are available at ACS Athens is also a comfort to the students.
We, at ACS Athens, are committed to providing optimal care.
Wishing everyone a safe and healthy year.
Please make note of the following reminders:
- For new students a School Health record along with an emergency form are required as well as, a School Health Examination form signed by a physician. These forms are provided to the parents during the registration week or can be found online here.
- For returning students a School Health Examination Form is required as it is valid for one year. Please keep in mind that without the physical form, students will NOT be able to participate in school activities and PE activities. If your child cannot participate in an athletic activity (i.e. swimming) due to health related reasons, a physician’s note is required along with the physical form.
- If your child needs prescribed medication while at school, a doctor’s note is required. A Permission Form for Prescribed and Over the Counter Medication can be picked up at school or be found on the website. This form must be completed by a parent/guardian or by a health care provider. Medication cannot be given unless the proper forms are submitted.
- All prescription medication must be in a dated, labeled pharmacy container. This includes Inhalers and Epi Pens. All medication must be brought to the school by a parent or guardian. The school nurse is available from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm to receive the medication. Please call or email to schedule an appointment.
- Fever over 38 °C (100.4 °F), respiratory infection symptoms, vomiting and diarrhea are all reasons to stay home, and a doctor’s note may be required to return to school and for the absence to be excused per school attendance policy.
- If your child has been diagnosed with a communicable disease such as chickenpox, staph, ringworm, pink eye, etc. he/she must be properly treated by a healthcare provider and upon returning to school a doctor’s note is required.
- Please inform the nurse if your child will be out for an extended time due to illness, has frequent absences due to a documented chronic medical condition, has any surgical procedures or hospitalizations that may require accommodations to ensure your child’s health and academic success.
- HOURS of Operation: 8:30 - 18:00
- PHONE No.: 210.6070.235