Accreditation Validation by Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
ACS Athens was the first international school to follow the Sustaining Excellence protocol for accreditation back in 2015 and the only international school to have achieved this level of accreditation.
To achieve its mission and vision of sustaining excellence, ACS Athens adheres to the MSA (Middle School Association) protocol and focuses on school-wide Action Research that meets MSA Standards. ACS Athens is commended by the MSA to possess a modern, student-centered approach.
ACS Athens has received its seal of approval until 2029.
ACS Athensis authorized by the International Baccalaureate Organization IBO to offer the IB Diploma Program (DP).The International Baccalaureate® (IB) offers a continuum of international education through challenging, high quality educational programmes. Schools must be authorized to teach IB programmes. Every school authorized to offer IB programmes is known as an IB World School.
College Board Authorization
ACS Athens is authorized by the College Board to be a Testing Center for SAT and AP (Advanced Placement). The College Board: a mission-driven not-for-profit organization that connects students to college success and opportunity, dedicated to promoting excellence and equity in education. Its programs and services include the SAT and the Advanced Placement Program.
ACS Athens if further affiliated with the following organizations:
- NAIS - National Association of Independent Schools
- MAIS - Mediterranean Association for International Schools
- AISH - Academy for International School Heads
- AAIE - Association for Advancement in International Education
- CIS - Council for International Schools
- AIE - Alliance for International Education
- ECIS - Educational Collaborative for International Schools
- NESA - Near East South Asia