Parent / Guardian Financial Information
I. TUITION PAYMENT REGULATIONS
- The school does not invoice/ notify individual parents in writing for tuition amounts and dates of payment. The school website published School Fee Schedule on ACS Athens website are applied for the relative school year and enrollment of each student to ACS Athens automatically means the acceptance of me relevant tuition fees. If tuition clarifications are needed, the cashier’s office should be contacted.
Immediately upon payment, the school cashier will issue the official receipt to the payor.
ACS Athens offers a tuition payment plan that can be facilitated through the office of the Director of Finance. A month interest charge of 0,5% is added to each payment.
- Parents must pay the required school fees for each semester in advance as stated to the School Tuitions & Fee Schedule published in the school website. The Tuition Fees Payment Policy states that, “No student will be allowed to attend classes without having previously paid the total of the respective semester’s tuition and other applicable fees unless prior Board approval has been obtained. Any delay in such payments will be subject to the Board’s published late penalty fee. A finance charge of 0,5% per month on the unpaid balance will be applied to all payments made after the first day of each semester.”
- It is understood that, at any time during the school year, ACS Athens could initiate immediate legal action if the tuition fees payments are more that 30 days overdue. Also, the Parent/Guardian clearly resigns from enrolling the child(ren) as a student at ACS Athens at the end of the school year if there are outstanding tuition fees. Furthermore, in order for a child(ren) to continue at ACS Athens after legal action is taken, all outstanding fees plus the full first semester fees for the coming school year must be paid before the child(ren) can be readmitted.
- Senior students with outstanding tuition balances are not allowed to participate to the Commencement Ceremony.
- Third child discount is valid only when all three students attend the school at the same time.
II. GREEK REPORTING
ACS Athens is obliged to report to the Greek Government (Article 3.1. POL. 1195/22.10.2012) the combined amount of tuition paid for the calendar year (Jan. 1 to Dec. 31), by the student’s parent or legal guardian, including their Greek Tax Identification Number (AFM).
III. SPECIAL FEES
The Parent/Guardian understands that the Registration, Capital, Technology and Institutional Fees must be paid in advance at the beginning of the school year upon enrollment at ACS Athens and that these fees are non-refundable.
All other applicable fees (Special Services, Pre-School, Textbook, I.B.) are payable in advance or upon enrollment at ACS Athens as published in the school website.
Students must return all textbooks to the Bookstore upon the end of the school year. If any textbook is lost or damaged, the student must reimburse the school for its value as per the Bookstore records.
IV. REGISTRATION DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR
The Parent/Guardian understands that if the child(ren) enters ACS Athens at any time after the school year begins, the following guidelines apply:
TUITION: The tuition for the full quarter of the child(ren)’s enrollment, regardless of the number of days attended during the quarter, shall be paid.
FEES: Regardless of the date of enrollment, the Registration, Capital, Technology and Institutional fees must be paid in full.
Special Services, Pre-School, Textbook and IB fees are initially payable for the quarter in which the child(ren) enrolled and for full semester payment thereafter.
V. WITHDRAWALS DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR
The Parent/Guardian understands that if the child(ren) withdraw(s) from ACS Athens at any time and for any reason during the school year, the following shall apply:
TUITION: Tuition is non-refundable for the quarter in which the student(s) withdrew (for any reason). Refunds shall be given for the following quarter(s) in which the student will not be attending ACS Athens, assuming that payment has been made in advance for those quarters of non-attendance.
FEES: The Registration, Capital, Technology and Institutional fees are non-refundable, regardless of date of withdrawal.
Special Services, Pre-School, Textbook and I.B. Diploma fees are not refundable for the quarter in which the student withdraws. Refunds for these fees shall be given for the following quarter(s) in which the student(s) will not be attending ACS Athens, assuming that payment has been made in advance for those quarters of non-attendance.
VI. CURRENCY CONVERSION
If payment will be made in U.S. dollars, the ACS Athens cashier should be contacted on the day of payment to determine the conversion rate.
I am fully aware that the AMERICAN COMMUNITY SCHOOLS OF ATHENS, INC. assumes no responsibility for items lost or abandoned by student(s) on or off campus.
The obligations of the School under this Agreement may be suspended immediately without notice during the periods that the School must close of Force Majeure events including, but not limited to, fire, acts of God, war, governmental action, terrorism, epidemic, pandemic, outbreaks of infectious disease, any other public health crisis, or any other, even beyond the School's control. If such an event occurs, the School's duties and obligations under this Agreement may be suspended or postponed until such time as the School, in its sole discretion, may safely re-open. A Force Majeure event will not entitle the parent(s), guardian(s) or other financially responsible party/parties to a tuition refund. The aforementioned explicitly waive their claims of unjust enrichment.