Writing / Research Studio
Located at the 3rd floor of the Sabbagh Library, the Writing/ Research Studio helps students realize their full potential as young writers and researchers. From one-on-one sessions to seminars and workshops, we cover all the different types of writing students have to master throughout Middle and High School: academic essays, research papers, reflections, UCAS personal statements, Common App college essays, motivation letters, CVs as well as various kinds of creative writing (poetry, drama, fiction, film scripts). We firmly believe that writing is always a form of self-exploration, self-expression, and self-definition, further empowering students to become architects of their own learning and leadership identity.
The Writing / Research Studio is located at the 3rd floor of the Sabbagh Library.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 9am-5pm, Wednesday: 9am-4pm.
- Ms. Anna Kombothekra, Writing/Research Coordinator and Social Studies Substitute Teacher
- Ms. Anna Kompothekra, Substitute Teacher and Writing/Research Studio Coordinator: email@example.com
The Writing/Research Studio offers support to all Middle School, Academy students & Upper Elementary School students.
The Writing / Research Studio offers the following services:
- Seminars / Workshops on the following topics: Research, MLA / APA / Chicago
- Citation Styles, Writing Mechanics and Grammar, Creative Writing, Writing Styles for Different Media
- Assistance with the writing component of the College/ University Application Process:
- US College Essay, UCAS Personal Statement, Motivation Letter, and the various Writing Supplements
- Assistance with research projects
- Support with standardized testing (SAT, ACT, IELTS, TOEFL)
- Independent study with personalized support
- Preparation for tests/ exams/ retakes
- Writing resources (textbooks/ notes/ online reinforcement activities)
- Study groups
A student may visit the Writing / Research Studio:
- During lunch break
- After school, from 3:45pm to 5pm
- During flex time or any free block
Yes, especially if there is a need for a one-on-one session.