Incubator of Students' Creative ideas (ISCI)
Where imagination shapes reality
What is the ISCI?
The ISCI, an acronym for "Incubator of Students' Creative Ideas", is a student-run initiative, designed to facilitate and organize "learning projects." Participation in those learning projects allows students to take control of their learning, by giving them the chance to choose what it is they want to learn, how they want to learn it, and, ultimately, decide in what way they wish to apply the knowledge they have acquired in order to produce something meaningful for themselves and their community.
Students function as architects of their own learning as they pursue, fund and support their intellectual curiosities.
The ISCI is a student-centered, student-led, student-run, project-based learning initiative using the design process to promote, support and guide students’ creative ideas in all disciplines.
The ISCI is located at the first level of the Sabbagh Library.
Every day from 9am to 5pm or by appointment.
The ISCI Council members
- Elena Kaskaveli 9th
- Olympia Ioanna Dimitropoulou 9th
- Kosmas Xenakis-Karapanagiotis 9th
- Katherine Demetroulis 10th
- Dimitrios Skikos 10th
- Ann Marie Martinou 11th
- Marilina Bitsikas 12th
- Nestor Macdonald 12th
- Thisseas Kambouroglou 11th
- Yarici Ali 11th
- Yi Rui Wang 11th
- Jason Stavros Somoglou 12th
- Kewei Li 12th
To the ISCI council as a whole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ISCI offers support to all Middle School and Academy students.
The ISCI offers the following services:
- The opportunity to explore intellectual curiosities
- Project Based Learning
- After School Assistance Program (ASAP)- Students helping students
- Workshops on a variety of topics (Arduino, 3D printing, start ups, Entrepreneurship, etc.)
- Summits at ACS Athens and at other schools
- Assistance with research or other school projects
- Possible funding for endeavors
- Study groups
- And more...
A student may visit the ISCI:
- During lunch break
- After school, from 3:45pm to 5:00pm
- During flex time or any free block
- Escorted by their teacher as part of a project (ex. mentorship program)
- By appointment with an ISCI council member even on the weekend!