Hellenic Ministry of Education Permission to Register & Attend (For students with Greek Last Names)
According to Greek Education Law 1167/139684/Z2/2011:
... students in grades K-6 with Greek Last Names are required to attend Greek Schools. In order to attend ACS Athens (Grades K-6), these students must apply for permission to register at ACS Athens from the Greek Education Ministry...
View the relevant law section:
As soon as parents are informed of their child's acceptance into ACS Athens, they will be requested to fill and submit the Registration Approval Application Form (Αίτηση Έγκρισης Εγγραφής). This form and all supporting documents must be filed prior to registration.
The following supporting documents are required, as applicable:
- Records, transcripts and/or certificates of completion of most recent school year (officially translated in Greek)
- Notarized photocopy of student's passport and/or official birth certificate
- Documentation showing that student fulfills Greek Ministry of Education requirements for attending an international school (one of the cases below must apply):
- student has foreign or dual citizenship – Documentation: letter certifying citizenship issued by the consular office of the country of citizenship (in Greek) or copy of passport officially translated into Greek.
- at least one parent has foreign citizenship – Documentation: letter certifying citizenship issued by the consular office of the country of citizenship (in Greek) or copy of passport officially translated into Greek.
- student has a brother or sister already attending ACS Athens, or a parent employed at ACS Athens. Documentation: Letter from ACS Athens certifying the above.
- at least one parent is a Greek diplomat or works in an international organization or business with international scope of work or products – Documentation: official letter by the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs, or the organization as described above.
- student has studied in international schools abroad or in Greece for at least one year – Documentation: Official or notarized documentation (certificates of studies and/or transcripts) translated into Greek.
- student will travel abroad within the next three years and will need to attend an international school while abroad. Documentation: Letter from parents certifying the above.