The festival will incorporate a diverse array of components designed to engage, educate, and inspire participants, fostering an environment of innovation, creativity, and meaningful dialogue. The festival components include:
1. Media Production Competition:
- Video Category: Participants create short films or videos that align with the festival's theme, incorporating elements of STEAM, AI, and SDG’s.
- Audio Category: Participants produce podcasts, audio stories, or soundscapes that creatively address the festival's objectives.
- Other Media Formats: Encourage participants to experiment with other media forms such as animation, interactive digital media, photography, multimedia installations and more.
2. STEAM and SDG Workshops:
- Drawing from the diverse pool of talent of the ACS Athens community (faculty/alums/parents/partners), the festival will engage participants in on-site hands-on or online workshops that integrate STEAM concepts into media production.
- Workshops on AI basics and its applications in creative projects.
- Facilitate discussions on how media can be used as a tool for promoting awareness and action towards the SDG’s.
3. AI Integration Showcase:
- In collaboration and co-facilitation with the Institute Innovation Lab and the LC Incubator, a dedicated space will be provided to showcase projects that leverage AI technologies, demonstrating innovative ways AI can enhance media production.
- Offer opportunities for participants to interact with AI tools and technologies.
4. Guest Speakers and Panels:
- Invite experts in media, technology, AI, education, and SDG’s to deliver keynote speeches, presentations, and participate in panel discussions.
- Engage participants in thought-provoking discussions on media literacy, AI's role in society, and the power of media in driving positive change.
5. Interactive Exhibitions:
- Display a curated selection of participants' media projects, highlighting their creativity, technical skills, and alignment with the festival's theme.
- Interactive exhibits that allow attendees to experience AI-powered media installations.
6. Award Ceremony:
- Recognize outstanding projects from the media production competition with awards in various categories, such as Best Video, Most Innovative Use of AI, and Most Impactful SDG Message.
- Highlight participants' achievements and inspire a culture of excellence.
7. Networking and Collaboration Opportunities:
- Facilitate networking sessions for participants, educators, experts, and professionals to exchange ideas, experiences, and potential collaborations.
- Encourage cross-cultural interactions that foster a sense of global connectedness.
8. Online Showcase and Engagement:
- Extend the festival's reach through an online platform where participants' projects are showcased, allowing a wider audience to appreciate and engage with their work.
- Incorporate social media campaigns to involve a broader community in discussions related to media literacy, AI, and SDG’s.
9. Student Exhibitions and Presentations:
- Provide a space (physical or virtual) for students to present their projects, share their creative process, and discuss how they integrated AI and STEAM concepts.
- Encourage peer learning and constructive feedback among participants.
10. Community Outreach and Impact:
- Organize community engagement initiatives where participants contribute to local SDG-related projects, using their media skills to create positive change in their surroundings.
- By incorporating these diverse and engaging components, the International Media Literacy Festival will offer participants a holistic experience that nurtures creativity, critical thinking, technological proficiency, and a profound understanding of the role of media in shaping our world.