The ACS Athens Tennis Academy team would like to welcome you to the upcoming Tennis Academy season!
We hope that everyone involved will have a great tennis year.
As a well established program for our young athletes the tennis academy will offer ones again on weekdays at 7.45-8.45 am "Early bird tennis training lessons" (grades 1 st - 8 th graders ).In addition we are extending the morning program this year for adults as well. There is just no better way to start your day!
Please read carefully the information presented to you below since several changes in the tennis academies general operation and regarding "Private and Group of two" tennis training lessons regulations were done.
- Registration for the ACS Athens Tennis Academy must be done in collaboration with Mr. Igor Schoenefeld in order to determine the specific training days, times and final cost. The registration MUST be submitted online.
- Registration Period: July 1st - September 14th.
- Registration can occur after the above mentioned time frame; however, space availability may be limited and sessions may be full.
- Once the schedule is determined, the cost of the activity MUST be paid for ACS students to the cashier's office (during school hours) or via web-banking (ACS student account) and for NON-ACS students at the Swimming pool office in the evening (6 - 8:30 pm) or via web-banking (NON-ACS tennis members account).
- Payment must be done within the first week of each tennis session; if this does not happen, the Tennis Academy has the right to make the spot available to any "waiting list" members. Returning members with outstanding fees will not be able to register.
- Your requested "preferred day/s and time/s" must be confirmed by the tennis academy. Once you have signed up you will receive a registration confirmation email shortly after and your request will be processed. You will receive a second registration confirmation by Mr Schoenefeld around one week before the beginning of the session to confirm your training spot and provide to you further information. In case of non availability of your requested time/s and day/s, the tennis academy will contact you to find alternative dates.
- Any changes in training schedule MUST be requested, discussed and confirmed by Mr. Schoenefeld.
Cancellation of membership
- Once registered, CANCELLATION of the current session is not possible.
- If a participant wishes to cancel an upcoming session, a cancellation form must be submitted one week prior to the beginning of the next session. Otherwise the new session will be fully charged.
- Private tennis training lessons shouldn't be cancelled more than 4 times during a session. Lesson cancellations by the member extending this limit will be fully charged and the Athens Tennis Academy has the right to reconsider future training schedules. Private tennis lessons can be cancelled until 5pm of the day prior to the actual lesson date.
- Private lesson payment must be done within the first week of each tennis session for the entire session (two installments are possible). If this does not happen, the Tennis Academy has the right to make the spot available to any "waiting list" members.
- Private tennis training lessons cancelled by the member or tennis coach will be kept as "Over hours" and can be played on certain days and times over the year (only ACS students), or been scheduled with the tennis coach during available time slots over the week (ACS and NON-ACS members). The tennis coaches will inform the member in case of outstanding lessons to finalize the training schedule on these days. Please note that each session is independent of the previous one.
Over hours are played in addition to the regular training schedule! Depending on the availability of both, the member and tennis coach, all official school/ACS Athens tennis academy holidays can be use as make up days. (ACS and NON-ACS members).
- Cancellations by the member of agreed and scheduled "Make up" dates and times are not possible and lead to the loss of the lesson.
- Tennis lessons with two students cannot be cancelled and are subject to the same regulations as group lessons with more than two students. Payment must be done within the first week of each tennis session for the entire session (two installments are possible). If this does not happen, the Tennis Academy has the right to make the spot available to any "waiting list" members.
- Returning members with outstanding fees will not be able to register.
Keep in mind that the ACS Tennis Academy program is a YEARLY program; we will have three sessions for which you will receive three separate payment notices. The cost of your program is based on the number of participants in the group and on the number of days this training occurs.
The Tennis Academy will offer additionally tennis specific Fitness training one up to four times a week for our Athletes and for a minimal participation fee. Since "Fitness and Coordination" is a key factor in tennis, it is our belief that your child/ren will benefit a great deal from the training lessons which support and enrich your children's tennis skill abilities and support optimal tennis technique development.
For a general cost breakdown and further information you can contact the tennis office and visit the website.
ACS ATHENS Tennis Academy daily sessions take place RAIN or SHINE!
The ACS Athens Tennis Academy provides alternative tennis lessons on rainy days for the students; tennis training does not take place on the courts! Indoor Mini-tennis,Video analyses, general and tennis specific condition/coordination training will be part of a more general training. The ACS Athens Tennis Academy is operating on all "School Half Days" at usual times!
Tennis Teams, Tournaments and Rankings
The ACS Athens Tennis Academy is proud to have a number of tennis tournaments throughout the year. In addition to the ACS Athens Middle School and High School Teams (for which tryouts take place in March), we have a number of other "Academy" tennis events throughout the year.
Some participants of our Tennis Academy will have the opportunity to participate in friendly competitions in our school and at clubs and facilities away from ACS Athens. The final decision on the group of athletes to be involved will be determined by the Academy coaches. We look forward to a great year.
The Tennis Academy high-performance athletes participate in national and european tournaments beeing prepared and supported by the coaches and precise tournament planning.
Non-Operating & Make-Up Dates
Tennis Academy sessions and "NON-OPERATING" dates
Training Session Dates
Session 1: 9/15/19 - 11/30/19
Session 2: 12/1/19 - 3/16/20
Session 3: 3/17/20 - 6/20/20
Session 4: (Tennis camp & summer training separate registration; more information will be provided in due time)
Tennis Academy is not operating
(The individual session fees exclude the following dates)
|School Celebration||9/27/2019||Greek Independence Day||3/25/2020|
|OXI Day||10/28/2019||Greek labor Day||5/1/2020|
|Thanksgiving||28/11 & 29/11/2019||Graduation Day||6/19/2020|
|Winter Break||12/21/2019 – 1/6/2020||Whit Monday||6/8/2020|
|Clean Monday||3/2/2020||Summer Break||6/21/2020 -|
Registration / Cancellation
The registration period for guaranteed participation is from September 6 - 15. Please note that Registration must be done by using the online form.
Cancellations have to also be submitted online. Cancellations are possible for future sessions only, at least two weeks in advance; the current session can not be cancelled.
- Lesson cancellation by the member of agreed and scheduled "Make-up" dates and times are not possible and lead to the loss of the lesson.
- The concerning tennis coaches will inform the member early on in case of outstanding lessons to finalize the possible training schedule on these days.
- Make-up lessons can be scheduled with the concerning tennis coach during available time slots over the week (for ACS and NON-ACS members).
- Depending on the availability of the member and tennis coach all official school/ACS Athens tennis academy holidays can be used additional as make-up days for the outstanding "Over hours" (for ACS and NON-ACS members).
We have several tennis instructors available to teach all levels of students specialized on Mini Tennis up to high-level performance athletes.
Parents / athletes will be able to pick the program that best suits their needs; students will have the opportunity to be taught in various groups, depending on individual requests
We are confident that you will benefit a great deal in the months ahead of us as our tennis instructors will all follow a common training/practice schedule within the same philosophy.
Feel free to contact us for any questions you may have.
210-6393-200 (ext. 413)
Cell: 30 6937447760