Important general information
Please read the below provided information carefully concerning general Tennis Academy Operations.
- After having submitted the online registration request form you will receive a notice that your request was submitted successfully and will be processed.
- The final registration confirmation will be sent approximately two weeks before the beginning of the season (September 18th) to confirm the training spot/s and provide further information, including the final cost. At this time the registration is complete.
- Please read the registration confirmation carefully regarding “Starting Date”, training times and training days. Please do not send your child on any other day or time for tennis training than mentioned on the registration confirmation document.
- Throughout the first 1-2 weeks of the first season the coaches will evaluate the training groups regarding group/level constellations and will suggest changes if necessary.
- A recent medical certificate that will clear the child / adult of any medical conditions is needed at the onset of the program (to be submitted online together with the registration request).
- The immediate cancellation of further participation in tennis lessons concerning an active season is not possible. Members can cancel their participation only for upcoming seasons by submitting an online cancellation form two weeks prior to the new season being about to start. If a participant wishes to cancel an upcoming season, a cancellation form must be submitted ( ACS Athens Web page - Athletics - Tennis Academy - Cancellation). Otherwise, the new season will be fully charged.
- Only in case of injury or longer illness (two weeks and longer) of a member participating in group lessons, concerning lessons will be kept as over hours and a doctor’s note must be provided to the Tennis Academy. Missed training lessons by members due to personal reasons are not considered and no over hours will be kept.
- ACS ATHENS Tennis Academy daily sessions take place for children RAIN or SHINE! The ACS Athens Tennis Academy provides alternative tennis lessons on rainy days for the students; Indoor Mini-tennis, Video analyses, general and tennis-specific condition/coordination training will be part of more general training.
- Each student needs to have an own tennis racket. Junior Kindergarten, Kindergarten 1,2grade tennis rackets will (if needed) be provided only for the first week! The tennis coaches will recommend a racket if your child doesn’t own one yet.
- Canceled adult training lessons (due to bad weather, private or group, will be kept as "Over hours" and can be re-scheduled during other available time slots in the week; in such cases, the tennis coaches will communicate to find a mutually agreed day and time.
- “Over hours” are played in addition to the regular training schedule! All official school/ACS Athens tennis academy holidays and weekends can be used as make-up days. Further cancellation of the make-up days by the member, will lead to the loss of the lesson.
- Private tennis training lessons can be canceled until 5pm of the day prior to the actual lesson date; they cannot be canceled more than four times during a season and additional cancelations will result in being fully charged and the Athens Tennis Academy has the right to reconsider future training schedules.
- The Elementary school teachers are informed about the children having tennis training, their training days, and times.
- 3.45pm lessons JK - KG: Students will be picked up by one of our coaches from their classrooms right after school ends and will be escorted to the tennis courts.
- 3.45pm lessons Grades 1-5: Students must come to the Tennis office and will walk to the tennis courts escorted by the coach (es).
- Any student (Grades 5,6,7,8 and Academy) involved in the second session of tennis (4:45-5:45) must report to the Learning Commons (MS/Academy Library)or Athletic Office and use the time for homework or quiet reading. Students will be seated in grade level areas. At 4:40 they will be dismissed to go to the tennis courts
- PICK UP areas: Parents must be at the parking lot waiting for their children; please be on time so that the coach(es) escorting the students out, can return to start the next lesson.
The obligations of the school (Tennis Academy) under this Agreement may be suspended immediately without notice during the periods that the school (Tennis Academy) must close of Force Majeure events including, but not limited to, fire, acts of God, war, governmental action, terrorism, epidemic, pandemic, outbreaks of infectious disease, any other public health crisis, or any other, even beyond the school's control. If such an event occurs, the school's duties and obligations under this Agreement may be suspended or postponed until such time as the School (Tennis Academy), in its sole discretion, may safely re-open. A Force Majeure event will not entitle the parent(s), guardian(s,member/s or other financially responsible party/parties to a tuition/tennis training season/s fee refund. The aforementioned explicitly waive their claims of unjust enrichment.