Middle School Science Teacher
Application deadline: May 31, 2020
ACS Athens, a student-centered international school, embracing American educational philosophy, principles and values, is seeking to recruit a Science Teacher to teach Middle School students for the 2020-21 school year. The teacher reports to the Middle School Principal.
- Provides learning experiences in Science, while creating an environment that is conducive to student learning and involvement;
- Monitors students' understanding of the curriculum effectively and adjusts instruction, materials, or assessments when appropriate;
- Evaluates, tries innovative approaches, and refines instructional strategies, including the effective use of technologies available to teachers, to increase student learning, involvement, and confidence to learn;
- Demonstrates appreciation for and sensitivity to, the diversity among individuals and strives to ensure equitable opportunities for student learning;
- Maintains and improves professional competence through attendance at professional development events;
- Shares responsibility for accomplishing the goals and priorities of his/her grade/team/department;
- Other duties, as assigned
- Licensed, or eligible for licensure in Science;
- Bachelor's Degree, Master’s preferred, from an accredited college or university, in Biology, Chemistry, or Physics;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both orally and in writing, to students grades 6 - 8;
- Commitment to remain current in content knowledge and teaching strategies.
To be considered for this vacancy, please reference job title and your last name in the subject line (e.g. RE: SCIENCE_SMITH), and submit in English:
- Cover letter, which should include a statement of your educational philosophy;
- Resume, which should contain applicable license/certification information and;
- The contact information for three professional references.
Submit the above required information to email@example.com.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.