Middle School / Academy Music Teacher
Application deadline: January 31st, 2020
ACS Athens, a student-centered international school, embracing American educational philosophy, principles and values, is seeking to recruit a Music Teacher to teach Academy & Middle School students for the 2020-21 school year. The teacher reports to the Academy and Middle School Principal.
- Provide learning experiences in vocal, instrumental and general music education, while creating an environment that is conducive to student learning and involvement;
- Monitor students' understanding of the curriculum effectively and adjusts instruction, materials, or assessments when appropriate;
- Evaluate, try innovative approaches, and refine instructional strategies, including the effective use of technologies available to teachers, to increase student learning, involvement, and confidence to learn;
- Advise/direct co-curricular choral and/or instrumental performance groups;
- Demonstrate appreciation for and sensitivity to the diversity among individuals and strives to ensure equitable opportunities for student learning;
- Maintain and improve professional competence through attendance at professional development events;
- Share responsibility for accomplishing the goals and priorities of his/her grade/team/department;
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Licensed to teach grades 6-12 Music;
- Bachelor's Degree, Master’s preferred, from an accredited college or university, in Music or Music Education;
- At least three years of relevant teaching experience, required;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, to students (ages 11-18);
- Commitment to remain current in content knowledge and teaching strategies;
- Currently contributing to US Social Security and FICA tax, required (for US hires).
To be considered for this vacancy, please reference job title and your last name in the subject line (e.g. RE: MUSIC_SMITH), and submit in English:
- Cover letter, which should include a statement of your educational philosophy;
- Resume, which should contain applicable license/certification information and;
- The contact information for three professional references.3
Submit the above required information to email@example.com.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.