Elementary School Science STEAM LAB Specialist
Application deadline: March 19, 2021
Department: Elementary School
Reports to: Elementary School Principal
School year: 2021 - 2022
Summary Description: Coordinates lessons that align with grade level NGSS units and assists homeroom teachers with lab preparations, and provides support to students during class.
- Creates an interactive environment (face-2-face and virtually) that stimulates and engages student learning.
- Assists Elementary School teachers in supervision of laboratory practicals during science sessions.
- Familiar with Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
- Creates cooperative teaching partnerships for creative STEAM lessons.
- Spearheads Elementary School Science Fair ( face-2-face and virtually)
- Sets up equipment, chemicals and supplies for science classes under the teacher’s guidance or communication.
- Preparation of laboratory practicals, including set-up and breakdown as per teachers’ instruction, testing such labs and equipment beforehand so as to ensure a successful learning experience.
- Ensures a safe work environment for handling chemical materials and glassware.
- Cleans up spills, and administers first aid related to chemical accidents as required.
- Maintains and repairs lab equipment such microscopes, power supplies etc..
- Overseas the inventory of lab equipment and chemical supplies including ordering and handling the required chemicals. Ensures adequate supply of equipment and materials is always available.
- Keeps track of materials borrowed by teachers and students.
- Cleans up and move items back to their storage cabinets after each session.
- Bachelors in Elementary Education
- Fluent in English
- Endorsement in Science
- STEM Training
- Valid US Teaching License (k-5, Science endorsement)
- Contributions to FICA and Social Security for at least 8 months prior to assignment
- Interpersonal skills - focuses on resolving issues, not blaming or gossiping.
- Commitment to working collaboratively and collegially with all members of the campus community toward the common goal of improving the quality of student learning experience
- Accurate Oral Communication- Articulates clearly in English. Listens and responds appropriately to questions.
- Strong Written Communication- Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Appearance is professional and with appropriate dress.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
To be considered for this vacancy, vacancy, please complete this form and submit in English:
- Cover letter, which should include a statement of your educational philosophy;
- Resume, which should contain applicable license/certification information and;
- The contact information for three professional references.
Application deadline: March 19, 2021