Writing & Research Studio
The Learning Commons is proud to house the Writing/Research Studio. It's in this specially designed, welcoming space where they are encouraged to reach their full potential as young writers and researchers.
Through open communication, students benefit by exploring writing strategies and approaches and ultimately strengthening their writing skills. We firmly believe that writing is a form of self-exploration, self-expression and self-definition, further empowering students to become architects of their own learning.
Various types of writing are covered in our studio which students are expected to master throughout Middle and High School including but not limited to:
- Academic essays
- Research papers
- UCAS personal statements
- Common App college essays
- Motivation letters
- Creative writing (poetry, drama, fiction, film scripts)
We also actively involve students in special projects, some of which include:
- Heritage Month
- 10th grade Capstone Writing Research Project & Exhibition
- Writing Competitions/Scholarships
Visiting the Writing & Research Studio
|Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday||9:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Wednesday||9:00 am - 3:45 pm|
Learning Commons 2nd level
Please make an appointment if there is a need for personalized assistance.
All faculty and students are automatically enrolled in the Writing/Research Studio Moodle Shell which contains a variety of resources.
Daytime & after school availability
- Ms. Athena Stavropoulos, Writing & Research Studio Coordinator, email@example.com
- Ms. Helen Seretis, Writing/Research Studio Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
After school availability
- Ms. Helena Bellou, Permanent Middle School/Academy Substitute teacher in English Language & Literature, Writing/Research Studio Assistant, LEP Instructor, email@example.com
- Mr. Teo Ananiadis, Social Studies Faculty, Writing/Research Studio Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Panagiotis Hatzis, Permanent Middle School/Academy Substitute teacher in Social Studies, Writing/Research Studio Assistant, email@example.com
- Ms. Angela Koufopoulos, Elementary School Faculty in ESL, Writing/Research Studio Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org