Elementary School Art Teacher
Application deadline: January 31st, 2020
ACS Athens, a student-centered international school, embracing American educational philosophy, principles and values, is seeking to recruit an Art teacher to teach Elementary School students for the 2020-21 school year. The teacher reports to the Elementary School Principal.
- Provides authentic learning experiences in Art, while creating an environment that is conducive to student learning and involvement;
- Showcases student work at a K-12 Student Art Exhibition in the spring;
- Monitors students' understanding of the curriculum effectively and adjusts instruction, materials, or assessments when appropriate;
- Evaluates, tries innovative approaches, and refines instructional strategies, including the effective use of technologies available to teachers, to increase student learning, involvement, and confidence to learn;
- Demonstrates appreciation for and sensitivity to, the diversity among individuals and strives to ensure equitable opportunities for student learning;
- Demonstrates positive and effective classroom management skills;
- Maintains and improves professional competence through attendance at professional development events;
- Shares responsibility for accomplishing the goals and priorities of his/her grade/team/department;
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Teaching License in Visual Arts;
- Bachelor's Degree, Master's preferred, from an accredited college or university, in a related field;
- Minimum of two years teaching experience required;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, to Elementary School students;
- Commitment to remain current in content knowledge and teaching strategies.
- Currently contributing to US Social Security and FICA tax, required (for US hires).
To be considered for this vacancy, please reference job title and your last name in the subject line (e.g. RE: ART_ES_SMITH), and submit in English:
- Cover letter, which should include a statement of your educational philosophy;
- Resume, which should contain applicable license/certification information and;
- The contact information for three professional references.
Submit the above required information to email@example.com.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.