Early Childhood Coordinator PJ - Grade 2
Application deadline: April 2, 2021
The job of the Early Childhood Coordinator PJ- Grade 2 will guide and support K-6 faculty and students towards the development of a common vision for effective developmental stages and academic progressions instruction that aligns the current literacy curriculum across schools. The Early Childhood Coordinator PJ - Grade 2 will be working with teachers in grades PJ- Grade 2 supporting teachers in both informal and in more formalized coaching cycles around an identified aspect of instructional practice.
Employment percentage: 100% (60% Coordinator & 40% Teaching Assignment)
- Curriculum: Ensures that curricular progressions are updated and aligned across Early Childhood levels JK-2.
- Instruction: Supports and observes the delivery of curriculum via multiple modes (face to face, virtual, hyflex).
- Optimal Learning Program: Collaborates with faculty and OLP specialists to ensure child services are adequately resourced and communicated to families
- Admissions: Participates in the admission process with the guidance of the Elementary Principal and Admissions Team.
- Instructional Resources: Assist teachers in cultivating strong and cohesive instruction materials and units/Professional Development opportunities.
Basic Function & Duties:
- Plans, organizes and implements the early childhood programs, operations, services, and activities.
- Plans and coordinates special events. (events include: Back to School Night, Read Aloud, Mind, Body Soul Presentations, Field Day, etc.)
- Monitors program routines and addresses problems, issues, or concerns with faculty and Elementary School Principal.
- Models the implementation of instructional resources and offers guidance and provides feedback to the principal for formal performance reviews and evaluations.
- Develops in-service training for assigned faculty JK-2.
- Creates bi-weekly Professional Learning Communities (PLCs) to support the curriculum
- Participates in school staff meetings.
- Writes and prepares newsletters and family updates with Elementary School Principal
- Participates in monthly PTO Coffee as needed.
- Assists the principal(s) in additional communication and engagement opportunities for parents/families to better understand shifts in school/ classroom instructional practices, and recommendations for supporting student learning outside of school.
- Models best practices through one-on-one coaching, a lab classroom, and professional development workshops.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Teaching License and Certification in Early Childhood (birth - seven years old);
- Academic degrees from an accredited University/College in the specific subject area(s);
- Minimum of five years teaching experience which includes Pre-Kindergarten or K-8;
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate, both orally and written, in English;
- Commitment to remain current in content knowledge and teaching strategies;
- Knowledge of special education or developmental stages as applicable to early childhood programs;
- Demonstrating a strong commitment to the development of the Early Childhood Program with regular, and dependable attendance;
- Capable of creating a collaborative environment in order to accomplish the mission of the school through diverse programs for all Early Childhood and Student, Family, and Community Support;
- Capable of providing leadership for a vision of comprehensive early childhood education and care opportunities for the community.
- Knowledge of early childhood programs, operations, programming, and services.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Training in administration and supervision preferred;
- Currently contributing to US Social Security and FICA tax, required (for US hires).
To be considered for this vacancy, please complete this form and submit in English:
- Cover letter, which should include a statement of your educational philosophy;
- Resume, which should contain applicable license/certification information and;
- The contact information for three professional references.
Application deadline: April 2, 2021