Administrative Assistant for the Student Affairs Department
Department: Student Affairs
Reports to: Counseling Coordinator K-12
Basic Functions and Scope:
- To ensure the smooth functioning of the Student Affairs Office in coordination with the Coordinator and the Vice President and all other persons and entities involved in the daily functioning of the department (teachers, parents, doctors, interns, specialists etc).
- To assist the Counseling Coordinator in every way possible.
The Administrative Assistant to the Office of Student Affairs shall:
- Prepare documents as necessary utilizing Microsoft Office software
- Perform general administrative assistant duties including: answering telephone, greeting and directing office visitors appropriately, faxing, filing, typing, preparing correspondence, calling, e-mailing, letter writing etc.
- Maintain appointment schedules for the Coordinator
- Maintain strong communication between Coordinator, Administration, faculty, staff and students
- Manage traffic flow in the office
- Maintain office neat and presentable
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Organize, update and maintains all existing and new files within the department.
- Manage shared folders.
- Handle incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Write/edit/complete papers, projects, letters, and other assignments for the department.
- Receive students, parents and visitors; creates welcoming environment, make and serve coffee/ refreshments)
- Manage and maintain office equipment inventory records
- Coordinate meetings and appointments for Counseling Coordinator
- Prepare purchase orders and monitored spending to ensure purchases are within the appropriate budget
- Arrange, coordinate, and/or attend meetings and conferences, preparing agenda items, calendar and minutes as required
- Work to coordinate related events with the Executive Assistant to the President
- Order supplies and maintain records of invoices and purchases
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and reports
- Assist with the maintenance of both general and confidential files
- Answer telephones and responds to requested information and/or referred inquiries to the appropriate party
- Maintain system of data for evaluations of employees
- Post information on the ACS web page
- Assist in the logistics and planning of faculty professional development days
- Keep track of payments of related events/activities
- Collaborate with other departments (Admissions, Business Office, Human Resources, Schools)
- Take initiatives, make proposals for the optimal functioning of the office
- Work with off-campus programs as deemed necessary by the Coordinator
- Maintain both physical and digital office filing system
- Maintain both physical and digital copies of common and course syllabi
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Coordinator
- Problem solving-ability to resolve problems in a timely manner by gathering and analyzing information skillfully, developing alternative solutions, working well in group situations.
- Interpersonal skills - focuses on resolving issues, not blaming or gossiping.
- Maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; remains open to new ideas and tries new things. Commitment to working collaboratively and collegially with all members of the campus community toward the common goal of improving the quality of student learning experience
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly. Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently;
- Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments. Appearance is professional and with appropriate dress.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Excellent command of the English and Greek language both orally and written
- Proficiency to Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point, E-mail, internet navigation
- Associate Degree minimum
To be considered for this vacancy, please reference job title and your last name in the subject line (e.g. RE: ADMIN._ASSISTANT_SMITH), and submit in English:
- Cover letter, which should include a statement of your educational philosophy;
- Resume, which should contain applicable license/certification information and;
- The contact information for three professional references.
Submit the above required information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
The position is for a maternity leave period.
Application deadline: June 20, 2019