Academy Vice Principal
Application deadline: January 31st, 2020
ACS Athens, a student-centered international school, embracing American educational philosophy, principles and values, is seeking to recruit an Academy Assistant Principal. The Vice Principal reports to the Academy Principal.
Primary Function and Scope:
- The primary function of the Academy Vice Principal, in collaboration with the principal, is to organize and foster a positive, safe environment that is supportive for meeting the needs of all students, faculty, and parents in support of the mission of ACS Athens.
- The Academy Vice Principal is a critical leader who works in partnership to assist the principal to build a cohesive team, supports and leads the Academy faculty and staff, and works to ensure the goals of service and citizenship.
1. Leadership Responsibilities:
- Assists in the establishment of goals and objectives for the school.
- Serves as the acting Academy Principal in the absence of the Academy Principal.
- Oversees the implementation Academy Citizenship model in cooperation with the Citizenship Coordinator to carry out the following:
- Monitors and analyzes academy student attendance, involvement, academic achievement and behavior;
- Works with students in support of the Academy Citizenship model to communicate consequences, mediate conflicts, and implement processes of restorative justice;
- Communicates with parents regarding student support, attendance, and behavior;
- Works closely with faculty and the Child Study Team to develop student interventions and support.
- Oversees faculty and advisors in the coordination of field trips, including budget, procedures, communications, and implementation of the citizenship model.
2. Staff Personnel
Assists the Principal in the recruitment of faculty, including reviewing candidate applications, interviewing prospective candidates, checking references and taking part in the decision-making process for hiring new faculty.
Assists in the determination of staff needs.
Assists in working with individual staff needs.
Participates in various meetings to provide information and collaborates with Academy administrators and teacher leaders.
Supervises and evaluate substitute teachers in the Academy.
Coordinates the revision of the teacher handbook as assigned.
Coordinates teacher, mentorship inservices.
3. Curriculum / Co-Curricular Development
- Assists in the direction, supervision, and evaluation of the Academy instructional program.
- Develops and monitor faculty and the campus supervision schedules for before school, breaks, and lunch.
- Collaborates with the MAP Coordinator to schedule and implement MAP testing in the Academy.
- Develops communications systems to publicize academy activities and accomplishments with ACS Athens students and faculty.
- Supervises extra and co-curricular activities at the direction of the Academy Principal.
4. Public Relations
- Assists in communication between the school and the community.
- Assists in the development and presentation of parent information, meetings, and events as
assigned by the principal.
5. Resource Management
- Assists in the planning and implementing of programs for the health, safety, and welfare of students.
- Assumes responsibilities for the safety and administration of the school plant when applicable as assigned.
- Provides input into the preparation and management of the school budget.
- Assists in Fire and Earthquake Drills;
6. Professional Growth
- Participates in professional growth activities.
- Participates in professional organizations whose purpose is to improve administrative skills.
7. Other duties as assigned by the President or their designee.
- Demonstrates clear & effective communication skills.
- Demonstrates effective organizational and problem-solving skills.
- A Master’s Degree or higher in secondary educational administration.
- A valid administrative certificate.
- A minimum of five years experience as a teacher or administrator.
To be considered for this vacancy, please reference job title and your last name in the subject line (e.g. RE: VICE PRINCIPAL_SMITH), and submit in English:
- Cover letter, which should include a statement of your educational philosophy;
- Resume, which should contain applicable license/certification information and;
- The contact information for three professional references.
Submit the above required information to email@example.com.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.