Department: Central Administration
Reports to: Director of Operations
Basic Function and Scope:
Operates the main telephone switchboard and provides telephone and fax service to the Office of the President and the School. Performs: mail distribution for the administration office, receptionist duties and Presidents secretarial duties as required. Performs a variety of clerical duties to promote the school relations with the staff and the community.
- Operates the main switchboard, answers all incoming calls and routes them appropriately. Takes messages and answers questions as required in a polite and courteous manner.
- Places all long distance and international telephone calls and faxes.
- Receives visitors, greets them in a courteous manner, directs their questions to the appropriate offices as required.
- Receives and sorts daily all incoming mail for the Office of the President. Records receipt and where necessary indicates the appropriate routing required. Passes on routed correspondence to the proper office for further action.
- Performs other similar or related duties such as placing calls for the President’s Office to Board Members, Embassies, and other officials and carries out any other duties as may be required by the President. Receives RSVP’s for all events organized by the President’s office.
- Assists with mass mailings, photocopying, and distribution of messages from the Administration Office to other parts of campus.
- Assists Business Office personnel with filing. Addresses and sends tuition payment receipts to parents.
- Monitors all photocopies made for the month school-wide and confirms charges.
- Assists Admissions Office and the President’s Office in projects they request help on.
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
Provides helpdesk support on fax and international phone services and general information. Frequent contacts with parents and other visitors who come to see the President, Admissions personnel and the Business Office personnel. Provides information to the community as needed.
Independence of Operation:
Performs duties according to standard instructions and procedures. Work is subject to review by the Director of Finance.
- Completion of Secondary (12 years) education
- 2 years experience in secretarial work with excellent computer skills
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft office
- Excellent in English and Greek languages
Application Deadline: August 12, 2016
Submit the above required information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
ACS Athens does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, or disability in admission to, access to, employment in, or treatment in its programs and activities. ACS Athens is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workplace. The school system’s educational philosophy and HR goals, including the goal of equal employment opportunity, will be considered in filling all positions.