ACS Athens, the "Premier International School of Greece" is seeking to recruit an Elementary School Teacher to teach 2nd grade for the remaining academic year 2012-2013 (25/03/2013 - 14/06/2013). The Teacher reports to the Elementary School Principal.
- Provides learning experiences while creating an environment that is conducive to student learning and involvement
- Monitors students' understanding of the curriculum effectively and adjusts instruction, materials, or assessments when appropriate
- Evaluates, utilizes innovative approaches, and refines instructional strategies, including the effective use of technologies available to teachers such as interactive boards, to increase student learning, involvement, and confidence to learn for the social, emotional, and academic well – being
- Evaluates, tries innovative approaches, and refines instructional strategies, including the effective use of technologies available to teachers, to increase student learning, involvement, and confidence to learn;
- Demonstrates appreciation for and sensitivity to the diversity among individuals and strives to ensure equitable opportunities for student learning
- Demonstrates positive and effective classroom management skills
- Maintains and improves professional competence through attendance of professional development events
- Shares responsibility for accomplishing the goals and priorities of his/her grade /team/ department
- Plans for student field trips that are aligned with the existing curriculum
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Teaching License or equivalent in Elementary Education
- Academic degrees from an accredited University/College in Elementary Education
- At least two years of teaching experience in 2nd grade
- Previous teaching experience in the US school systems will be preferred
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate, both orally and written, in English to students
- Commitment to remain current in content knowledge and teaching strategies
To be considered for this vacancy, please reference job title and your last name in the subject line
(e.g. RE: MS MATH TEACHER_SMITH), and submit in English:
- Cover letter, which should include a statement of your educational philosophy
- Resume, which should contain applicable license/certification information; and
- The contact information for three professional references
Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: March 1st, 2013.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered