ACS Athens, A World Class International School - Leading Innovation in Education, is seeking to recruit a full time Social Studies Teacher to teach Middle School level students (Grades 6 & 8) for the academic year 2015-2016. The Social Studies Teacher reports to the Middle School Principal.
The position is a Maternity Replacement (Long-term Substitute, Nov. 27, 2015 – January 19, 2017).
- Provides learning experiences in Social Studies, while creating an environment that is conducive to student learning and involvement;
- Monitors students' understanding of the curriculum effectively and adjusts instruction, materials, or assessments when appropriate;
- Evaluates, tries innovative approaches, and refines instructional strategies, including the effective use of technologies available to teachers, to increase student learning, involvement, and confidence to learn;
- Demonstrates appreciation for and sensitivity to, the diversity among individuals and strives to ensure equitable opportunities for student learning;
- Maintains and improves professional competence through attendance at professional development events;
- Shares responsibility for accomplishing the goals and priorities of his/her grade/team/department;
- Other duties, as assigned;
- Licensed in Social Studies, 6 - 8;
- Bachelor's Degree, Master’s preferred, from an accredited college or university in field of teaching;
- At least two years of teaching experience in grades 6 – 8;
- Previous teaching experience in the US school systems will be preferred;
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate, both orally and written, in English to students;
- Commitment to remain current in content knowledge and teaching strategies;
To be considered for this vacancy, please reference job title and your last name in the subject line
(e.g. RE: SOCIAL STUDIES TEACHER_SMITH), and submit in English:
- Cover letter, which should include a statement of your professional profile and why you wish to work with ACS Athens;
- Curriculum Vitae, which should clearly state concise information of qualifications and relevant work experience; and
- Three professional references;
Submit the above required information to:
Human Resources at email@example.com.
Application deadline: October 15, 2015
Incomplete submissions or candidate profiles that do not meet the person and job specifications will not be considered.