ACS Athens, a student-centered international school, embracing American educational philosophy, principles and values, is seeking to recruit a full time Writing Studio Coordinator. The Coordinator reports to the Writing Studio Director.
- One-to-one conferencing with students, grades 6 – 12, as they work on writing assignments in a range of genres and a variety of disciplines
- Working with students through the writing process by encouraging and teaching revision and editing skills
- Facilitating small-group conferencing, which involves training students in the skills of effective response and peer-editing skills
- Maintaining the Writing Center log and records
- Working with Writing Center Director to develop and deliver classes on writing college essays and UCAS Personal Statements
- Working with Writing Center Director to develop, maintain and disseminate resources for students and teachers
- B.A. Degree; Master degree is a plus
- High level of fluency in spoken/written/conversational/academic English
- Training/experience in teaching writing as process and teaching writing to think and learn
- Experience working with Middle School and High School age students
- Knowledge of college/university application process and IB written assignments is a plus
To be considered for this vacancy, please reference job title and your last name in the subject line
(e.g. RE: WRITING_STUDIO_SMITH), and submit in English:
- Cover letter, which should include a statement of your educational philosophy
- Resume, which should contain applicable license / certification information, and
- The contact information for three professional references
Submit the above required information to:
Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: September 2, 2016
Incomplete submissions or candidate profiles that do not meet the person and job specifications will not be considered.