ACS Athens, A World Class International School - Leading Innovation in Education, is seeking to recruit an Art Teacher to teach High School students for the academic year 2014-2015. The Teacher reports to the High School Principal.
- Provides learning experiences in Art, while creating an environment that is conducive to student learning and involvement
- Monitors students' understanding of the curriculum effectively and adjusts instruction, materials, or assessments when appropriate
- Evaluates, utilizes innovative approaches, and refines instructional strategies, including the effective use of technologies available to teachers such as interactive boards, to increase student learning, involvement, and confidence to learn for the social, emotional, and academic well – being
- Demonstrates appreciation for and sensitivity to the diversity among individuals and strives to ensure equitable opportunities for student learning
- Demonstrates positive and effective classroom management skills
- Maintains and improves professional competence through attendance of professional development events
- Shares responsibility for accomplishing the goals and priorities of his / her grade / team / department
- Plans for student field trips that are aligned with the existing curriculum
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Teaching License or equivalent in Art
- Academic degrees from an accredited University / College in Art
- At least two years of relevant teaching experience, required; IB experience, required
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, in English to students
- Commitment to remain current in content knowledge and teaching strategies
To be considered for this vacancy, please reference job title and your last name in the subject line
(e.g. RE: HS ART TEACHER_SMITH), and submit in English:
- Cover letter, which should include a statement of your educational philosophy
- Resume, which should contain applicable license/certification information; and
- Three professional references
Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Incomplete submissions or candidate profiles that do not meet the person and job specifications will not be considered.