ACS Athens is a student-centered private international school, embracing American educational philosophy, principles and values, providing excellence in primary and secondary education for over 60 years. We are looking to hire a full time experienced Switchboard Operator who will join our Administration team. We offer a competitive salary and a private medical insurance plan.
- Operates the main switchboard, answering all incoming calls and passing calls to proper destinations, efficiently and accurately. Takes messages and answers questions as required in a polite and courteous manner
- Places all long distance telephone calls and faxes
- Receives visitors, greeting them in a courteous manner, answers any questions they may have and directs them to the appropriate offices as required
- Receives and sorts daily all incoming mail for the Office of the President. Opens mail, records receipt and where necessary indicates the appropriate routing required. Passes on routed correspondence to the proper office for further action
- Performs other similar or related duties such as placing calls for the President's Office to Board Members, Embassies, and other officials and carries out any other duties as may be required by the President. Receives RSVP's for all events organized by the President’s office
- Assists with mass mailings, photocopying, and distribution of messages from Central Office to other parts of campus
- Assists Business Office personnel with filing. Addresses and sends tuition payment receipts to parents
- Monitors all photocopies made for the month school-wide and confirms charges
- Assists Admissions Office and the President's Office in projects they request help on
- Any other duties that may be assigned
Regular routine contacts throughout the campus, through the provision of fax and international phone services and to provide information. Frequent contacts with parents and other visitors who come to see the President, Admissions personnel and the Business Office personnel. Provides information to the community as needed.
Independence of Operation
Performs duties according to standard instructions and procedures. Work is subject to review by the Director of Finance.
- Completion of Secondary (12 years) education
- Two years' experience in secretarial work with excellent computer skills
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft office
- Excellent in English and Greek languages
To be considered for this vacancy, please reference job title and your last name in the
(e.g. RE: SWITCHBOARD_SMITH), and submit in English:
- Cover letter, which should include a statement of your professional philosophy
- Resume, and
- Three professional references
Submit the above required information to:
Ms. Anna Velivasaki, Human Resources Department, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: October 27, 2016
Incomplete submissions or candidate profiles that do not meet the person and job specifications will not be considered.