Elementary School Writing Studio
The Math Writing Studios are located on the top floor of the Elementary school. The coordinators meet regularly with grade level faculty and plan a variety of different enhancement activities that are either team taught or taught by the coordinator in the designated studio. Each grade level meets the studio coordinators once a week. The studios offer students and faculty support in learning.
Middle School & Academy Writing Studio
Located on the 3rd floor of the Hasib J. Sabbagh Library, the Writing Studio is an area where Middle and High School students can receive help and advice on their written assignments at all stages of the writing process, from brainstorming and creating outlines to editing drafts and referencing sources. In addition to helping with assignments from a variety of disciplines, such as IB Theory of Knowledge, IB History, Middle School Language Arts and Science, the Writing Studio also encourages students to participate in international poetry and essay contests.
The Writing Studio is not only designed for individual students, but provides extra guidance and support to small groups and entire classes that want to work outside the limits of a classroom.
Operating since 2008, the Writing Studio has become an integral part of the ACS Athens student experience.
- Regular drop in ( class connected activities )
- One-on-One learning
- Teaching small groups or whole classrooms
- Students work in small groups with the teacher as the facilitator
- Creating educational Games
- Hands-on activities
- Providing students with online quizzes/ tests
- SAT prep classes
- Middle school and Academy using the Writing Studio for all major assignments. Students are introduced to new assignments as a class through the Writing Studio, focusing on approach: resources, research and pre-writing
- Scrabble: collaboration with Math Studio once a week to engage students and have a tournament on a monthly, semester or annual basis
- Writing Groups
- Learning Commons
- Publications - Literary Magazine
- Book Club for adults
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 9:00 – 17:00 (When school is in session; not including half days)