ACS Athens is proud to once again present the Summer Youth Camp – a well established tradition in our city. Throughout the years, activities and programs have been offered so that fun and learning were the focus of everyone involved. This concept is the heart of our plans and direction for the present as well as the future; we are once again introducing creative and innovative activities that will cater to children with various interests and needs, while at the same time we strive to improve on past activity choices and best practices for our delivery methodology.
The children are always the center of our focus and in order to achieve this we work towards providing a “best fit” environment for all ages with emphasis on the English language instruction as well as age-appropriate activities: a plethora of classroom activities as well as indoor and outdoor sports activities are available.
Our staff consists of experienced instructors, each in their specific areas of expertise, and they are assisted by High School student volunteers. All of them promise to provide a fun learning experience for all the children!
Our programs and activities are designed in such a way, so that the participants have fun and at the same time gain valuable learning experiences.
- Early Childhood program: 4 – 5 years old (children starting Kindergarten in September)
- Primary programs
- a. Lower Primary: 6 years old (children entering 1st grade in September)
- b. Upper Primary: 7 years old (children entering 2nd grade in September)
- Kiddos’ Program: 8 – 9 years old (children entering 3rd & 4th grade in September)
- Juniors’ Program: 10 - 11 years old (children entering 5th & 6th grade in September)
- Teens’ Program: 12 - 14 years old (children entering 7th & 8th grade in September)
For the younger participants ("Early Childhood" and "Primary Programs") the daily program consists of predetermined activities;
for the remaining programs (Kiddos, Juniors and Teens) participants are able to choose among a variety of activities thus making up their own daily schedule.