Welcome / Important Dates and News
PTO Chair Pam Stamatiou welcomed all who were present, to the PTO General Meeting.
- The PTO’s main upcoming event is the International Spring Fair (ISF). Pam spoke about the ISF, describing it for those who are new to ACS Athens. Then each board member spoke about their section of the ISF and explained to all present how they can get involved and help out. Sign-up sheets were pasted around to sign up for:
- A spot in the Car Trunk Sale
- A table in the international Food Court, or to send in just a dish representing your country
- Becoming a Volunteer to help out on the day
- Anissa spoke about the PTO school calendar which will once again feature art work by ACS Athens students. The theme is Greece, the submission deadline is May 15th and we urge all students to participate!
- Pam spoke about the PTO Dinner Dance, “Under the Stars”, which will take place on June 10th, at 20:30, at the Radisson Blu Hotel. More info will follow soon and you can RSVP to Marissa or Faye.
Elementary School Report
(Presented by Anissa)
- Student Led Conferences are coming up next week
- MAP test scores will be made available to all ES parents. Individual appointments about MAP can be made with Ginger
Middle School Report
(Presented by Sharka)
- June Exams - children will be given more time. After their exam, at 12:00 all children must go home or stay on campus.
- 8th Grade Graduation – contact Sharka if you can help out. Make sure your child has ordered their gown. No jeans or sneakers on the day
- 8th Grade Prom is on June 10th
- Tuesday, May 17th is MUN Day, parents are welcome to come and watch
(Presented by Marion)
- The Truman Trial is being held next week on the 16th and 17th of May. It’s a great event make sure you come and watch!
- 10th Grade trip on May 18th
- IB students busy with their exams, good luck to them!
Optimal Learning Program
(Presented by Mina)
- The OLP Office will be contacting parents to set up meetings so as to have an end of year re-cap and assessment
- Parents who will be needing testing or shadow teachers for next year, must contact the OLP Office
AP / IB Representatives
(Presented by Roula)
- IB exams will be over on May 20th
- There will be a celebration for the IB students and their families held on May 23rd organized by the IB Office
- 11th Graders taking IB mocks in June, make sure you read the emails from the IB Office! They contain important information
(Presented by Kirstin)
- A day for the consulate to visit the campus so as to facilitate passport renewals, student visas etc is being organized. No date has been set yet
Board of Trustees
Various / Other Events
2016 – 2017 PTO Board Elections were then held. The PTO Board for the following academic year is as follows:
- Chairperson – Casey Gripari
- Vice Chairperson – Jennifer Ananiadis
- Secretary – Position Vacant
- Treasurer – Faye Caracosta
- Academy Rep. – Position Vacant
- Middle School Rep. – Sylvia Rogers
- Elementary School Rep. – Natalia Dadidou
- US Embassy Rep. – Kirstin Schlereth
- IB/AP Rep. – Position Vacant
- OLP Rep. – Angeliki Palios
- Community Events Coordinator – Position Vacant
- Social Media Coordinator – Mina Agnos
- Volunteer Coordinator – Despina Giavridi
The floor was, in the end, turned over to Dr. Gialamas
This was the last PTO General Meeting for the 2015 - 2016 academic year. We would like to thank you all for your help and support throughout the year at all of our events!
We hope to see you all on June 14th at the Volunteer Thank You Reception hosted by the ACS Athens Administration.