Our Aims and Focus
The overall goal of the curriculum is to teach the students to take individual responsibility for personal health through positive choices and life long activity. The students will be equipped with learning experiences in such a way as to supply information, increase self esteem, increase communication, change attitudes and influence behavior.
A physically educated person:
1. Demonstrates competency in many movement forms and proficiency in a few movement forms.
2. Applies movement concepts and principles to the learning and development of motor skills.
3. Exhibits a physically active lifestyle.
4. Achieves and maintains a health-enhancing level of physical fitness.
5. Demonstrates responsible personal and social behavior in physical activity settings.
6. Demonstrates understanding and respect for differences among people in physical activity settings.
7. Understands that physical activity provides opportunities for enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and social interaction.