Our Mission Statement
We Believe that……
- ACS Athens is a student-centered institution in the pursuit of academic excellence, building upon each student’s unique talents and abilities
- student learning is a shared responsibility of the student, the school and the family.
- students learn and develop best in an environment of cooperation, belonging and trust.
- diversity takes many forms and that respect for and acceptance of diversity is a source of richness in our community.
- possessing a strong sense of civic responsibility and an ethic of service is fundamental to effective global citizenship.
- education exists to promote intellectual, emotional and physical wholeness and ethical decision-making.
- our community exists to provide opportunities for all of our students to reach their full potential.
- learning is a life-long process.
- Evaluate and improve curriculum, instruction, professional development and institutional services. Enhance educational experiences with innovative programs.
- Improve communication within the ACS Athens community. Enhance the public image of ACS Athens.
- Increase enrollment through recruitment and retention, while ensuring high standards.
- Upgrade and integrate technology to improve teaching, learning, communication and institutional operations.
- Promote a culture of learning, respect, responsibility, accountability, creativity, enthusiasm and continuous improvement.
- Ensure long term financial stability of ACS Athens.
- Provide well-maintained and optimally utilized facilities; anticipate and plan for future needs.