The Math/Science Studio is a specially designed space housed within the Learning Commons where all Middle School, Academy and Upper Elementary School students are offered support in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry. Students work individually or in groups at their own pace, guided by a teacher of the Math/Science Studio team.
“Mathematics is not about numbers, equations, computations, or algorithms: it is about understanding.”
William Paul Thurston
To this end, we insist on the conceptual understanding of the material taught. Additionally, students are given mathematical riddles and puzzles to work on as well as interesting problems to enhance their skills and cultivate mathematical reasoning. We often conduct interdisciplinary workshops to showcase the interrelation of mathematics with other sciences, music and art while at the same time inspiring students to broaden their horizons.
- Independent study with support in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry
- Workshops on a variety of interdisciplinary topics (Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry)
- Seminars specializing in math skills enhancement
- Assistance with math science research projects
- Support with standardized testing (SAT, ACT)
- Preparation for tests/exams/retakes
- Mathematical resources (textbooks/notes/online reinforcement activities)
- Fun activities: Mathematical games, puzzles and riddles
Visiting the Math/Science studio
Students may visit the Math/Science Studio:
- During lunch break;
- After school, from 4pm - 5pm;
- During flex time or any free block.
It’s advisable to make an appointment especially if there is a need for personalized assistance.
- Mr. Christos Xyrafakis, Math/Science Studio Coordinator- Mathematician (email@example.com);
- Ms. Theofilou, Evangelia, Middle School Permanent Science Teacher & Math/Science Studio Assistant (firstname.lastname@example.org);
- Ms. Zoi Liosi, Permanent Substitute Teachers of Mathematics and Math/Science Studio Assistant (email@example.com);
- Ms. Zoi Melesanaki, Permanent Substitute Teachers of Mathematics and Math/Science Studio Assistant (firstname.lastname@example.org);
- Mr. Dimitris Kostantopoulos, Permanent Substitute Teachers of Physics and Math/Science Studio Assistant (email@example.com).