Spanish Language Teacher (40%) - Maternity Leave Replacement
ACS Athens is seeking to recruit a part time (40%) Foreign Language (Spanish) Teacher to teach Middle School and High School level students for the academic year 2019-2020 (starting January 2020). The Spanish Teacher reports to both Middle School and Academy Principals.
- Provides learning experiences in Spanish, while creating an environment that is conducive to student learning and involvement;
- Monitors students' understanding of the curriculum effectively and adjusts instruction, materials, or assessments when appropriate;
- Evaluates, tries innovative approaches, and refines instructional strategies, including the effective use of technologies available to teachers, to increase student learning, involvement, and confidence to learn;
- Demonstrates appreciation for and sensitivity to, the diversity among individuals and strives to ensure equitable opportunities for student learning;
- Maintains and improves professional competence through attendance at professional development events;
- Shares responsibility for accomplishing the goals and priorities of his/her grade/team/department;
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Licensed, or eligible for licensure in Foreign Language ( Spanish);
- Bachelor's Degree, Master’s preferred, from an accredited college or university, in a related field;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, to students (ages 12 - 18);
- English Fluency;
- Commitment to remain current in content knowledge and teaching strategies;
To be considered for this vacancy, please reference job title and your last name in the subject line (e.g. RE: SPANISH TEACHER_SMITH), and submit in English:
- Cover letter, which should include a statement of your educational philosophy;
- Resume, which should contain applicable license/certification information (valid teaching license for US citizens or certification through the Greek Ministry of Education (epetirida)); and
- The contact information for three professional references.
Submit the above required information to email@example.com.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.