Long term Substitute English Teacher position
ACS Athens, a student-centered international school, embracing American educational philosophy, principles and values, is seeking to recruit a full time permanent substitute teacher and math/science studio assistant with a background in Physics to teach Academy and Middle School students for the 2019-2020 school year. The teacher reports to the Director of the Learning Commons.
Substitute classes in the Middle School and Academy, primarily for faculty in the English and ESL departments;
Assist/guide/teach students in the English/ESL in the writing studio after school;
Teach and provide learning experiences in english, while creating an environment that is conducive to student learning and involvement;
Monitor students' understanding of the curriculum effectively and adjusts instruction, materials, or assessments when appropriate;
Evaluate, try innovative approaches, and refine instructional strategies, including the effective use of technologies available to teachers, to increase student learning, involvement, and confidence to learn;
Know and use technology in teaching;
Design presentations and/or workshops for academy and middle school students;
Demonstrate appreciation for and sensitivity to the diversity among individuals and strives to ensure equitable opportunities for student learning;
Maintain and improve professional competence through attendance at professional development events;
Share responsibility for accomplishing the goals and priorities of his/her grade/team/department;
Other duties, as assigned.
- Licensed to teach grades 7-12;
- Bachelor's Degree, Master’s preferred, from an accredited college or university, in English;
- At least two years of relevant teaching experience, required;
- IB and/or AP teaching experience considered a plus;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, to students (ages 13 - 8) in English;
- Commitment to remain current in content knowledge and teaching strategies.
To be considered for this vacancy, please reference job title and your last name in the subject line (e.g. RE: English/ESL_SMITH), and submit in English:
- Cover letter, which should include a statement of your educational philosophy;
- Resume, which should contain applicable license/certification information and;
- The contact information for three professional references.
Submit the above required information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.