Fifth Grade Teacher - Maternity Leave Replacement (for immediate hire)
Application deadline: June 30th, 2021
ACS Athens, a student-centered international school, embracing American educational philosophy, principles and values, is seeking to recruit a Fifth Grade teacher to teach Elementary School students. The teacher reports to the Elementary School Principal.
- Provides learning experiences while creating an environment that is conducive to student learning and involvement;
- Monitors students' understanding of the curriculum effectively and adjusts instruction, materials, or assessments when appropriate;
- Evaluates, utilizes innovative approaches, and refines instructional strategies, including the effective use of technologies available to teachers such as interactive boards, to increase student learning, involvement, and confidence to learn for the social, emotional, and academic well-being;
- Demonstrates appreciation for and sensitivity to the diversity among individuals and strives to ensure equitable opportunities for student learning;
- Demonstrates positive and effective classroom management skills;
- Maintains and improves professional competence through attendance of professional development events;
- Shares responsibility for accomplishing the goals and priorities of his/her grade /team/ department;
- Plans for student field trips that are aligned with the existing curriculum;
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Teaching License (εγγραφή στην επετηρίδα Ιδιωτικών Εκπαιδευτικών ΠΕ70) in Elementary Education or Valid US teaching license;
- Residence and work permit in Greece;
- Academic degrees from an accredited University/College in Elementary Education and/or Early Childhood Education;
- At least 2/3 years of relevant teaching experience, required;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate, both orally and written, in English to students;
- Commitment to remain current in content knowledge and teaching strategies;
- Collaborative skills;
- Available to take on the teaching assignment immediately.
To be considered for this vacancy, please complete this form and submit in English:
- Cover letter, which should include a statement of your educational philosophy;
- Resume, which should contain applicable license/certification information and;
- The contact information for three professional references.