Communications & Alumni Officer
Reports to: Director of Enrollment Management & Communications
School year: 2019 - 2020
Basic Function and Scope of Tasks:
The Communications & Alumni Officer of ACS Athens has a key role to play in planning and delivering communications to key publics, such as the ACS Athens community, faculty, students, staff and the wider international community in Greece. The Communications & Alumni Officer writes, edits, co-ordinates and publishes content across various channels, including the school websites, social media, and print and online marketing materials. He/she also plans and implements communications and marketing campaigns to raise awareness or funds for specific projects, events or initiatives, while progressively improving organizational understanding of what works for different audiences.
The Communications & Alumni Officer is responsible for the planning and implementation of programs and projects that strategically engage alumni in strengthening programs and provide tangible benefits to alumni and current students.
Serving as an ACS Athens ambassador, the Communications & Alumni Officer is charged with inviting and securing commitments from alumni and the wider school community to provide professional expertise and volunteer service; collaborating with colleagues in the administrative offices (including, but not limited to Admissions, Development, Public Affairs and Student Affairs) and the schools to create and maintain pathways for community participation that advance the goals of the Institute; partnering with Development colleagues to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward alumni giving; and serving as a liaison between the Alumni and community groups with the academic and administrative leadership.
Key communications responsibilities:
- Maintain a current list of media outlets relevant to the subject of interest the school is promoting;
- Write and edit articles, press releases and statements as per the communications strategy of the school;
- Coordinate with the Creative Coordinator for advertisement artwork and concepts
- Monitor publicity and exposure and assess effectiveness of media campaigns Digital Media
- Coordinate with Web Administrator and Creative Coordinator on developing, manage and updating of content for website;
- Maintain social media accounts and initiate campaigns and awareness;
- Plan and create multi-media communications materials.
- Produce, edit and distribute updates and materials for external and internal audiences;
- Provide communications support for campaigns and events;
- Help market and communicate events, such as seminars, conferences, and events for the public;
- Provide creative, editorial and operational support for communications projects and report on progress;
- Ensure consistent branding is used, as it pertains to the vision and mission of the school;
- Coordinate with the Data Protection Officer regarding matters related to Data Protection policy and processes
- Initiate, plan and coordinate Alumni focused activities, events and campaigns aiming to attract interest and support from the international Alumni community of the school
- Act as Liaison with ACS Athens Global, Alumni Social Media and ACS Athens Owl (news/announcements/events);
- Update & maintain Alumni section on ACS Athens website;
- Create and maintain an up-to-date ACS Athens alumni database (in conjunction with Registrar/Global and FB administrators), sortable by year, house, profession, school/university attended, current geographical location);
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum a Bachelors degree in a relevant field is required, preferable in communications, journalism, marketing, etc.
- Substantial publications experience in one or more communications and marketing disciplines.
- A proven track record of delivering quality work in a changing environment using a variety of channels.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written, in English and Greek;
- Substantial experience in writing and editing; online, offline, internal and external;
- Ability to identify and clearly communicate key messages to a variety of audiences;
- Sound judgment about appropriate language;
- Ability to negotiate, persuade and influence others as required;
- Proofreading skills and a keen eye for detail;
- Ability to prioritise, manage projects and meet strict deadlines;
- Ability to effectively work with a range of internal and external stakeholders;
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office;
- Good understanding of website management and social media;
- Good administration skills;
- Strong understanding and knowledge of the ACS Athens history and unique culture
- Strong team player with ability to work across departments ;
- Highly organised and self-motivated with ability to plan and manage own work area and meet deadlines.
To be considered for this vacancy, please reference job title and your last name in the subject line (e.g. RE:
COMMUNICATIONS_SMITH), and submit in English:
- Cover letter, which should include a statement of your educational philosophy;
- The contact information for three professional references.
Submit the above required information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.