Alumni Outreach and Fundraising Coordinator
Application deadline: extended deadline
Basic Function and Scope:
The Alumni and Fundraising Coordinator under the guidance of the President’s Office and the Dean of the Institute will perform a variety of activities and initiatives pertaining to the efficiency and effectiveness of this office, following the procedures and processes in place.
Available to work two mornings a week (10:00 am – 3:00 pm) and two evenings a week (2:00pm -7:00 pm)
Employment Percentage: 50%
- Creates and implements an alumni outreach strategy to broaden the alumni database.
- Develops, coordinates and evaluates programs and projects to promote alumni relations.
- Coordinates alumni related events such as alumni recognition dinners, receptions, reunions.
- Works with the alumni liaison to strengthen communication between alumni and the school (i.e. optimize alumni events, update Global Website).
- Communicates with alumni in sync with the alumni liaison on a regular basis.
- Works closely with the Dean of the Institute to develop educational and co-curricular events highlighting alumni achievements and contributions and connecting these with school initiatives.
- Collaborates with the fundraising committee and communications office to optimally communicate initiatives and events to alumni and potential donors.
- Sets effective KPIs and demonstrates reflective practice.
- Writes funding proposals to send to potential sponsors.
- Contributes to bid writing for grant/trust applications.
- Develops, plans, and oversees donation campaigns and fundraising events both locally (Greece) and abroad (US).
- Co-creates marketing and promotional activities.
- Ensures effective campaigns by researching potential donors, examining past contributions, and maintaining accurate records of sponsors.
- Inspires new supporters to raise money, while maintaining and developing relationships with existing supporters.
- Works with the PTO liaison towards fundraising alignment.
- In collaboration with the fundraising committee ensures that all stakeholders understand goals and objectives and work towards that end.
- Trains volunteers for alumni/fundraising events.
- Establishes effective and timely follow up /appreciation processes for donors and sponsors.
- Assists in organizing and promoting, and attends all events (school internal or external) organized by the President’s office: (i.e. 80 Year Gala, USA Alumni event, athletic events).
- Representation (represents ACS Athens in public venues as needed, i.e., US Embassy school-related events, Fairs).
- Execution of special projects assigned by the Office of the President.
- Close collaboration with the alumni liaison and the communications office to ensure that ACS Athens events are properly communicated on the ACS Athens Global site.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum a BA degree (preferably MS) in relevant field is required, preferable in communications, business administration, marketing, etc.;
- Proven record of previous fundraising experience with NGOs or alike (min 5 years);
- A proven track record of delivering quality work in a changing environment;
- Native English speaker, fluent in written and spoken Greek;
- ACS Athens Alumnus/a;
- Ambassador of the ACS Athens values.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding and knowledge of the ACS Athens history and unique culture;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to identify and clearly communicate key messages to a variety of audiences;
- Sound judgment about appropriate language and register;
- Ability to negotiate and motivate others as required;
- Proofreading skills and an excellent eye for detail;
- Highly organized and self-motivated with ability to plan and manage own work area and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work with a range of internal and external stakeholders;
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office; Good administration skills;
- Strong team player with ability to work across departments;
- Ability to take direction to the next level by initiating further activities.
To be considered for this vacancy, please complete this form and submit in English:
- Cover letter, which should include a statement of how you connect to ACS Athens’ mission;
- Resume, which should contain applicable license/certification information and;
- The contact information for three professional references.