Academy Health Education Teacher
ACS Athens, a student-centered international school, embracing American educational philosophy, principles and values, is seeking to recruit a Health Education Teacher to teach Academy students for the 2019-2020 school year. The teacher reports to the Academy Principal.
- Provide learning experiences in health education, while creating an environment that is conducive to student learning and involvement;
- Monitor students' understanding of the curriculum effectively and adjusts instruction, materials, or assessments when appropriate;
- Evaluate, try innovative approaches, and refine instructional strategies, including the effective use of technologies available to teachers, to increase student learning, involvement, and confidence to learn;
- Know and use technology in teaching;
- Demonstrate appreciation for and sensitivity to the diversity among individuals and strives to ensure equitable opportunities for student learning;
- Maintain and improve professional competence through attendance at professional development events;
- Share responsibility for accomplishing the goals and priorities of his/her grade/team/department;
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Licensed to teach grades 9-12 Health Education Studies;
- Bachelor's Degree, Master’s preferred, from an accredited college or university, in Health Sciences, Physical Education, & Medical Sciences (απαραίτητη η εγγραφή στην επετηρίδα ιδιωτικών εκπαιδευτικών στους κλάδους ΠΕ80, ΠΕ78, ΠΕ88.01, ΠΕ11, ΠΕ87.01, ΠΕ87.02);
- At least two years of relevant teaching experience, required;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, to students (ages 14 - 18);
- Commitment to remain current in content knowledge and teaching strategies.
To be considered for this vacancy, please reference job title and your last name in the subject line (e.g. RE: HEALTH_SMITH), and submit in English:
- Cover letter, which should include a statement of your educational philosophy;
- Resume, which should contain applicable license/certification information and;
- The contact information for three professional references.
Submit the above required information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.