Academy ESL Teacher
ACS Athens, a student-centered international school, embracing American educational philosophy, principles and values, is seeking to recruit an ESL teacher to teach Academy students for the 2019-2020 school year. The teacher reports to the Academy Principal.
- Provides learning experiences while creating an environment that is conducive to student learning and involvement;
- Monitors students' understanding of the curriculum effectively and adjusts instruction, materials, or assessments when appropriate;
- Evaluates, utilizes innovative approaches, and refines instructional strategies, including the effective use of technologies available to teachers such as interactive boards, to increase student learning, involvement, and confidence to learn for the social, emotional, and academic well – being;
- Demonstrates appreciation for and sensitivity to the diversity among individuals and strives to ensure equitable opportunities for student learning;
- Demonstrates positive and effective classroom management skills;
- Maintains and improves professional competence through attendance of professional development events;
- Shares responsibility for accomplishing the goals and priorities of his/her grade /team/ department;
- Plans for student field trips that are aligned with the existing curriculum;
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Teaching License or equivalent in ESL Education;
- Academic degrees from an accredited University/College in the specific subject area(s);
- At least two years of relevant teaching experience;
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate, both orally and written, in English to students;
- Commitment to remain current in content knowledge and teaching strategies.
- Currently contributing to US Social Security and FICA tax, required.
To be considered for this vacancy, please reference job title and your last name in the subject line (e.g. RE: ESL_SMITH), and submit in English:
- Cover letter, which should include a statement of your educational philosophy;
- Resume, which should contain applicable license/certification information and;
- The contact information for three professional references.
Submit the above required information to email@example.com.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.