Summer Leadership Academy
A university course and field study experience at Widener University, in Philadelphia and in Washington, D.C. - an exciting learning experience for students in grades 9-11.
- Live and study on a US University Campus.
- Challenge yourself by taking a university-level course and chance to earn three college credits for course UAPS-360 Affective Leadership skills.
- Explore two great American cities. Celebrate Independence Day in the nation's capital. Visit a half dozen US colleges and universities.
- Experience leadership in action by connecting and interacting with leaders in a variety of fields.
- Learn about leadership and discover your own leadership potential -- and earn high school and college credit!
Following their Widener experience, students will have the opportunity to experience leadership in action and up-close, as they travel to Washington, DC with their ACS Athens faculty instructors to meet and learn from leaders in politics, business, law, government service, science, the military, medicine, journalism and public interest lobbying: many of them graduates and friends of ACS Athens. Of course, exploring the historical and cultural sites of Washington, and catching a baseball game, will provide a memorable closure to the experience. Students and ACS Athens faculty will stay in hotel accommodations and make their way around the city by public transportation and on foot. While in Washington, students will also have the opportunity to visit the campuses of Georgetown University, George Washington University and American University. Students who successfully complete the program will earn one ACS Athens elective credit and choose to fulfill the requirements for College credit.
What: Summer Leadership Academy
When: Widener University/Philadelphia: June 21 - 27, 2020, Washington, D.C.: June 28 - July 5, 2020
Return to Athens: July 6, 2020
Tuition: 3000 euros (does not include cost of College credit).
3 College credit at Widener Tuition $1260
We are advertising this early, to create a leadership cohort that perhaps can fundraise to offset the cost of the trip
Group Size: Minimum 12
Space is limited so hurry and apply! Registration Closes: December 20 (Deposit l000 euros required to confirm a place in the course.)
Should minimum enrolment not be reached by December 20, the course will not run, and all payments will be refunded.
For more information, or to request an application, contact Ms. MaryAnn Augoustatos, Director of the Learning Commons, email@example.com, tel. 30 210 6393 200