Middle & High School Program Fall / Winter 2020-2021
The Middle & High School Program offers exciting activities to our students. Register your child(ren) and have the opportunity to explore the sports by joining the activities of their choice. We hope your children enjoy the program!
- Please note that students (7th grade and older) wishing to participate in the activities presented below can ride the Late Area buses which depart at 17:45 every day; these buses go to specific areas and do not provide "door to door" service. Please check the schedules & routes to determine if any of the buses suit your needs.
- For any emergencies or any needed communication after school hours (15:55), you may call: 210.6070.294 / 210.6070.327, where a staff member will be on duty until all the after school activities end.
- If your child is sick during the school day, he/she is not allowed to participate in any of the after school activities.
- In case of rain, sessions will take place indoors with alternative plans (game videos, fitness and other). With light rain, activities will take place.
- For every sport, session dates, cost, meeting points and sports specific protocols are provided.
Activities Fees & Deadlines
Payment must be made by following the School Bank information no later than Friday, October 2, 2020.
*Payment must be made prior to the onset of the activity OR within one week following the submission of the form (if activity has already started and space is available).
Middle School Basketball CLOSED!
Session Dates (Fridays):
October 9, 16, 23, 30
November 6, 13, 20
December 4, 11, 18
January 8, 15, 22, 29
Participants will learn and develop the fundamental skills of basketball through a variety of drills. They will also play short games.
Location: Outdoor Basketball Court / Rainy Day Location: Classroom
Cost: € 75
Duration: Oct. 9, 2020 - Jan. 22, 2021
Time: 16:00 - 17:30
Instructor: Mr. Chris Stachikas
Meeting point: Outdoor Basketball Court / Rainy Day: Outside the Administration Building (Picnic Tables)
Middle School Archery
Session Dates (Thursdays):
October 8, 15, 22
November 5, 12, 19
December 3, 10, 17
January 7, 14, 21, 28
The future archers will learn basic techniques, safety rules, competition procedures and will have the chance to enjoy shooting through fun games and competitions.
Advantages gained through archery training:
- Increases the levels of concentration
- Reduces stress
- Sharpens the mind
- Tones the upper body
- Strengthens the back
- Does not require specific body skills.
- Archery classes will be separated in two groups based on the participants' age.
- All necessary equipment will be provided from ACS Athens.
- The following personal items must be provided before the beginning of the lessons from the ACS Athens Athletic office.
- Chest guard
- Finger tab
- (Optional: Quiver)
Location: 5th Grade Playground / Rainy Day Location: Classroom
Cost: € 90
Duration: Oct. 8, 2020 - Jan. 21, 2021
Time: 16:00 - 17:00
Instructor: Mr. Panagiotis Katsaitis
Meeting point: 5th Grade Playground / Rainy Day: Outside the Administration Building (Picnic Tables)
Middle School Shotokan Karate
Session Dates (Mondays):
October 5, 12, 26
November 2, 9, 16, 30
December 7, 14
January 11, 18, 25
ACS Athens Middle School students are presented with an opportunity to learn and develop the skills and techniques of Karate at a higher level.
Location: Outdoor Amphitheater / Rainy Day Location: Classroom
Grades: 6 - 8
Cost: € 75
Duration: Oct. 7, 2020 - Jan. 27, 2021
Time: 16:00 - 17:00
Instructor: Mr. Mark Papasifakis - official instructor of the Greek Karate Association and ACS Athens Alumnus (3 Dan).
Meeting point: Outdoor Amphitheater close to the Cafeteria / Rainy Day: Outside the Administration Building (Picnic Tables)