(Updated February 8, 2017)
Bus services are contracted by ACS Athens parents and cover virtually the entire Athens area. Students are transported by professional drivers and are supervised on the bus by a monitor and any ACS Athens staff members who also ride the bus. Monitors regularly communicate and collaborate with the building principals if there is ever a discipline problem.
Students are expected to follow the Bus Code of Conduct to ensure a safe ride for everyone. Consequences are clearly spelled out for students. Please review the transportation code of conduct (also posted on all buses), talk with your child about it, and let transportation know if there is ever a concern or problem. Making sure our students are feeling safe and happy during their commute is important to us.
Pricing & Routes
For the school year 2016 - 2017, the bus prices will be:
€ 1,300 for Zone A (Halandri, Ag. Paraskevi, N. Psychico)
€ 1,735 for Zone B (Psychico, Filothei, Papagou, Holargos, Vrilissia, Athens-Hilton)
€ 1,960 for Zone C (All other areas)
Prices include VAT (FPA tax). In case of increase in VAT in the coming months, the rates will be adjusted accordingly and will apply to parents of children who have not settled payment.
- The above said bus contract/agreement is available below for parents to print / sign / and return to the Transportation Office. Please be sure to sign this contract and mail it directly to
Aharnon 70, 145 61 Kifissia.
- Please be advised that the Contractor will also have a representative available at the school from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm if you should need to contact him.
- To arrange for student pick-up and drop off locations please contact Mr. Marios Nikolis the Transportation Office at 210.6070.239.
- For practical reasons, the bus service is not a “door-to-door” service. In general, the buses will collect and drop off all children at the closest possible point, within two or three street blocks, from the student’s home. The bus stops will naturally be on main corners, roundabouts, STOP signs or near crosswalks considering the total bus route length and duration, and the width of the road.
- Parents can pay the fees directly to the contractor, Mr. Sarris, through bank transfer to one of the following three bank accounts:
National Bank of Greece (Ethniki)
- Bank Account Number: 120-001-565-26
- IBAN: GR-570-110-120-000-001-200-015-6526
- SWIFT Code: ETHNGRAA
- Bank Account Number: 139-002-320-006-330
- IBAN: GR-020-140-139-013-900-232-000-6330
- SWIFT Code: CRBAGRAA
Account Beneficiary: Σαρρής Δ&Α ΑΕ (Sarris D&A SA)
Please fax a copy of your payment receipt to Mr. Sarris at 210.801.2379 for his records. If you have any questions, please call Mr. Sarris at 210.801.5833 or 210.801.7396.
Terms & Reduced Fares
In case of a student (grades 1-12) who wishes to use the bus one way, if this is declared at the beginning of the school year, the payment will be a 65% of the total transportation fees, otherwise the total fees should be paid.
Pre-school children who finish at 13:00 and are picked up by their parents are charged at a 50% rate.
In case of termination of the contract due to departure of the student/s from the school or for any other reason NO REFUND is due.
If the bus fees are not paid in full the bus contractor will be able to pursue payment through legal channels, using the city of Athens legal courts.
After School Hours Buses Service available to Students in grades 7 - 12
The school provides buses scheduled to depart after regular school hours for students involved in athletic activities, after school programs, etc. Students not involved in an organized activity may also ride these buses ONLY if they have a PASS from the respective Citizenship offices.
These buses are area buses (not a door to door service) and the itineraries are run without the presence of bus monitors. The late buses are available to middle school and high school students; this service is not available to elementary students.
This service if free of charge.
In all cases when Late buses not are available, or the late bus can not accommodate a student, parents must provide their own transportation.
After School Late Area Bus Routes (Departure: 17:45)
Buses run Monday - Friday. (Specific stops may change depending on need)
The late bus service is available only to students in 7th grade and above.
|Filothei B||Pendelis||Hygeia Hospital|
|AB Psychico||Kefalari Square||Kifissia Square|
|Hilton (Pinakothiki)||Politia Square||Nea Erythrea|
|Panathenaic Stadium||OTE Ekali||Nea Kifissia Square|
Bus Operation Dates (through May 2017)
- January : 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 18, 20, 26, 27, 30, 31
Includes exam weeks
- February : 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 28
- March : 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 13, 14, 16, 17, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
- April : 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 19, 20, 21, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
- May : 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25
Bus Code of Conduct
(Updated July 13, 2016)
- Students must follow the directions of the bus monitors, adults and drivers at all times
- No eating, drinking or smoking is allowed
- Students must be seated in their assigned seat and be quiet at all times
- Respectful language must be used at all times
- No weapons/toy weapons or incendiary devices are allowed at any time
- Students must be at the assigned stop at the scheduled boarding time.
- Students must disembark only at the scheduled stop.
- Parents will pay for any damage that is caused by students. Deliberate vandalism will result in one-month suspension from the bus in the first instance and a permanent suspension in the second.
- If a student wishes to take a bus other than the one normally assigned, or get off at a stop other than the one normally assigned, a parent request must be submitted in writing to the Transportation Office for approval 48 hours in advance and presented to the monitor before boarding. Permission will be granted only if space is available.
- Change of address resulting in a change of route or bus stop should be presented to the Transportation Office in writing two days prior to the change.
- The failure or the considerable delay of the bus in arriving at the scheduled pick-up point entitles students to secure alternate transportation to the school. The Transportation Officer will make reimbursement of any costs incurred.
- Concerns regarding the bus monitor or driver must be registered with the Transportation Officer.
- Bus monitors reserve the right to assign students to a specific seat and all passengers must comply with these directions.
For more information, or to register a concern, you may contact
Mr. Marios Nikolis : Ph.: 210.6070.239 / firstname.lastname@example.org