Hellenic Ministry of Education Permission to Register & Attend (For students with Greek Last Names)
According to Greek Education Law 1167/139684/Z2/2011 :
... students in grades K-6 with Greek Last Names are required to attend Greek Schools. In order to attend ACS Athens (Grades K-6), these students must apply for permission to register at ACS Athens from the Greek Education Ministry...
The following supporting documents are required, as applicable:
- Records, transcripts and/or certificates of completion of most recent school year (officially translated in Greek)
- Notarized photocopy of student’s passport and/or official birth certificate
- Documentation showing that student fulfills Greek Ministry of Education requirements for attending an international school (one of the cases below must apply):
- student has foreign or dual citizenship – Documentation: letter certifying citizenship issued by the consular office of the country of citizenship (in Greek) or copy of passport officially translated into Greek.
- at least one parent has foreign citizenship – Documentation: letter certifying citizenship issued by the consular office of the country of citizenship (in Greek) or copy of passport officially translated into Greek.
- student has a brother or sister already attending ACS Athens, or a parent employed at ACS Athens. Documentation: Letter from ACS Athens certifying the above.
- at least one parent is a Greek diplomat or works in an international organization or business with international scope of work or products – Documentation: official letter by the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs, or the organization as described above.
- student has studied in international schools abroad or in Greece for at least one year – Documentation: Official or notarized documentation (certificates of studies and/or transcripts) translated into Greek.
- student will travel abroad within the next three years and will need to attend an international school while abroad. Documentation: Letter from parents certifying the above.